Gill-Chin Lim Award for the Best Dissertation on International Planning
Deadline for paper submissions is June 1. View this page for more information.
Gill-Chin Lim Student Travel Awards
Deadline to submit applications is June 1. View this page for more information.
Best Student Paper in International Planning
Deadline: June 30
Established in 2016, this award recognizes the best student paper on international planning presented at the annual GPEIG Luncheon of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning' Annual Conference. In selecting the best paper, the award committee will consider its contribution to advancing our understanding of global planning issues.
To be eligible, a student must be the sole author of a paper that was presented at the previous year’s annual conference of the ACSP. Winners will be notified in September and the awards will be formally announced at GPEIG’s Business Meeting at ACSP.
The paper (PDF) and one letter of nomination, from either the student’s faculty advisor or program chair, must be submitted electronically by June 30, 2016. The paper should not exceed 35 pages of text including graphics, should be double-spaced with at least 1” margins on all sides, and written in a 12-point font.
- Priyam Das, Chair, University of Hawaii at Manoa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- John S. Felkner, Florida State University
- John C. Harris, University of Oklahoma
- Joshua Kirshner, University of York
Outstanding Service to GPEIG Award
Deadline: September 30 (Presented in even number years)
Launched in 2016, this award recognizes an individual/faculty member whose exceptional service, practice, scholarship, and/or leadership has had a lasting and positive impact on GPEIG's mission and/or the strengthening of the institution.
- Nominations may come from faculty or administrators at ACSP member schools.
- Nominations should consist of two letters, at least one of which should be from individuals not within the nominee's own institution. The letters should that state the ways in which the nominee has, through her or his service, contributed to the strengthening of GPEIG's mission.
Please email the two nominating letters to GPEIGserviceaward@gmail.com by September 30th.
- Annette Kim (chair)
- Vinit Mukhija
- Petra Doan
- Meenu Tewari (exofficio)
- Deden Rukmana (exofficio)
Best Faculty Paper Award
Details TBA; to be introduced in 2017