GPEIG Call for Nominations: Best Journal Article Award
Monday, June 12, 2017
Nomination Deadline: September 15, 2017
The GPEIG (Global Planning Educators Interest Group) is pleased to announce the GPEIG Best Journal Article Award. This award will honor an outstanding recent journal article on planning and development issues in global context. Papers that emphasize subjects related to the global South will given priority for this award, although comparative work such as those comparing or linking South and North are also welcome.
The awardee(s) will be announced and honored at the GPEIG Business Meeting at the Association for Collegiate Schools of Planning (ACSP) conference in Denver, CO, in October, 2017.
The affiliation of the authors need not be affiliated with ACSP institutions, but at least one should be a regular participant in the planning educational networks such as ACSP and others.
Criteria for Submission
- Published within the past 3 years in a peer-reviewed journal
- Either single or a multiple authored paper
- Has contributed in one or more of the following ways:
- Making a significant scholarly impact in understanding critical issues facing global planning generally
- Taking a novel approach towards data collection and/or analysis
- Speaking in a unique or uniquely effective way to practitioners
- Nominations may come from self, faculty or administrators at ACSP-member schools.
- Nominations should consist of two letters, at least one of which should be from individuals not within the nominee's own institution, that state the ways in which the article has contributed to GPEIG's mission by meeting the criteria described above.
- Please email the article and two nominating letters to email@example.com by September 15th.
James H. Spencer (chair), Clemson University
Sai Balakrishnan, Harvard University
Anuradha Mukherji, East Carolina University
Carolina Sarmiento, University of Wisconsin